Google is King. As I searched any relevant doggy news of Hong Kong, I stumbled across Susan’s Happy Tails. Recently relocated to Mui Wo, Susan and Mark, along with their dog Ruby offer a home stay service should you go on holiday, or even daily pet sitting services. The biggest difference with this ‘pet boarding’ service is that Susan will write a daily journal report and send it to you.
Your dog can enjoy:
– 3 walks daily
– playtime in a village house + garden (pictured)
– regular swimming / beach walks
– mountain hikes (± 10 k) every week
– lots of interaction with my Ruby (and perhaps a few other dogs that stay with us)
– relaxing in a home environment
– lots of TLC (Tender Loving Care)!
There are requirements that your dog needs to meet beforehand:
* you and your dog can visit us for a meet and greet, before you go on holiday, so we can get to know each other a bit and see if your dog and my dog Ruby ‘click’.
* he / she is de-sexed
* he / she is social towards other dogs and humans
* he / she is fully vaccinated (Rabies, DHPPIL and Bordetella (Kennel cough))
* he / she has an official dog license which is issued by AFCD, HK Government
* you have insurance that covers liability
* you understand that I am not a vet, not a veterinary assistant and not a professional dog trainer. I am a writer who loves dogs!
Social dogs can be both dominant and submissive during playtime